Matakauri Lodge is located seven minutes from Queenstown and spectacularly situated on Lake Wakatipu. We are extremely excited to have just re-opened our doors to guests and we are continuing to build our team to meet increasing demand.
We are currently seeking a full-time Demi Chef de Partie. This is an excellent opportunity to join a hard working team dedicated to providing the finest seasonal food using local ingredients.
You will receive full, first class training relevant to your level of experience, including – shadowing and working alongside experienced staff and as we change the menus daily you will learn how to prepare these items in multiple ways. Our cuisine is modern New Zealand and you will learn many of the preparations and techniques associated with this.
What you will do...
Working as part of our kitchen team, duties will include the preparation and cooking of daily changing breakfast, lunch and dinner menus for our discerning guests. Responsibilities include -
· Preparing menus in collaboration with colleagues
· Ensuring adequacy of supplies at cooking stations
· Preparing ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc)
· Following the guidance of the executive or sous chefs and have input in new ways of presentation of dishes
· Putting effort in optimising the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
· Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards
What you will bring...
The successful candidate will be flexible, have a can do attitude, work well in a high pressure environment and want to push their career further. In addition, you will have -
· Proven experience in a Demi Chef de Partie role, ideally with previous experience at a similar standard establishment.
· Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
· The ability to think on your feet as we have many guest requests and menu changes each day
· Good time management and the ability to multitask
We offer an excellent work environment where promoting a positive work life balance is key to our success. Whether it’s the team covering your shifts when you have a special occasion to attend, or 2 days off in a row every week or making the most of our long-standing relationships with the best food producers and suppliers in the region to go foraging for the best produce, we really value our people.
You must also be flexible and willing to work weekends. We offer competitive wages, delicious staff lunches and access to our Staff Perks Programme with a wide range of discounts and deals with our suppliers and partners. In addition, we endeavor whenever possible to provide staff with 2 days in a row off each week. You must have access to your and a valid working visa to apply.
If you wish to apply for this role and have the attributes above, we'd love to hear from you.