The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is set on 6,000 acres of pristine farmland. The facility features 22 guest suites and a four-bedroom Owner’s Cottage. Facilities include the 18-hole championship golf course, a swimming pool, as well as a luxury spa and fully equipped fitness centre.
The golf course features eighteen holes of golf designed by Tom Doak. Cape Kidnappers has received numerous accolades and awards including being ranked as high as the 16th best golf course in the world by Golf Digest.
The Head Golf Professional is responsible for all aspects of the golf operation. The position reports to the Director of Golf for Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs and takes direction from ownership. The position will work alongside the Golf Course Superintendent and Lodge Manager, to ensure a seamless guest experience across the wider property.
The position demands a significant amount of independence, and the successful candidate must show an ability to make sound decisions using technical discretion, sound judgement, and familiarity with the company’s policies and golf industry standards.
Responsibilities include training and supervising, revenue/expense management, maintaining the golf cart fleet, caddie program management, managing the practice facility, managing retail inventory, merchandising, overseeing clubhouse operations, and golf sales/promotion on a domestic level. Responsibility is also required in assisting in establishing the budget and monitoring expenditures to ensure efficient operations.
· Ensures completion of daily reports of transactions and ensures funds are collected accurately and precisely
· Supervises the merchandising and maintenance of the pro shop inventory, which carries golf apparel/supplies
- Extensive knowledge of apparel, industry trends, fashion and consumer behaviour are required
· Monitors the quantity of goods and materials in stock and establishes reorder standards
· General oversight of the Golf Shop, Cart Storage Facility and Locker Rooms
· Develops/executes written operational procedures and is exceptionally detail oriented
· Works closely with golf organizations, golfers, suppliers, agents, and industry representatives
· Schedules golf cart usage and manages the golf cart fleet appropriately
· Authorizes payments to suppliers; verifies bank reconciliation statements and marketing and management accounts
· Meets the public, schedules tee times and answers questions
· Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service
You will be a Class “A” Member of an internationally recognized PGA organization and have a minimum 4 years’ experience as a first assistant, or experience as a head professional. We expect the individual to have an undergraduate degree, and a working knowledge of superior customer service.
A background that includes exposure to luxury lodging operations is considered especially beneficial.
You will have experience of:
· Service standards and training
· Principles and practices of supervision/leadership
· Cash handling procedures and internal control
· Golf operation organisation and management
· Merchandise marketing and inventory control – This is of critical importance as high-end retails sales experience in a similar environment will be considered especially beneficial.
And should have the ability to:
· Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others
· Work cooperatively with other staff, guests, and the public
· Uphold all relevant Health & Safety requirements and procedures
· Provide a professional service to our guests teaching golf according to PGA teaching standards
This is a full time position (45 hours per week) and the base salary is expected to be $80,000 to $90,000 depending on experience, plus
· NZPGA or USPGA Dues Paid
· 70% of Lessons Taught
· Staff Uniforms Provided
· Playing and Practicing Privileges