The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, The Farm at Cape Kidnappers, and Matakauri Lodge are the Robertson Lodges. Three very special properties spectacularly located in three very unique regions of New Zealand offering the finest lodge accommodations paired with decadent cuisine, exceptional service and lifestyle activities including golf and spa.
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to help our teams as we venture into another exciting year in hospitality.
About the role:
This position is based at the beautiful Kauri Cliffs Lodge and reports to the Human Resources Manager, based at Cape Kidnappers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active HR professional with exceptional interpersonal skills. You will partner with the business (working particularly closely with the Kauri Cliffs team) to develop, drive and deliver successful HR solutions.
This is a generalist position, covering the whole spectrum of HR (no two days will be the same!) with a significant focus on talent acquisition for all 3 properties.
The purpose of the role is to harness positive, productive and engaged teams.
· be instrumental in driving the seasonal recruitment campaign to achieve budgeted FTE targets across all 3 lodges.
· continually seek to improve our employer branding with strong networks and effective communication,
· assist with seamless onboarding of permanent and seasonal employees, including welcoming, supporting and settling international team members into the country and their roles,
· assist with the co-ordination of staff housing,
· ensure consistency of feedback, 90-day reviews and establish a career conversation cadence at Kauri Cliffs,
· work closely with HODs to monitor training needs and present recommendation to HRM and Lodge Management,
· exercise sound and fair judgement when providing advice to Managers in matters of performance or conduct management,
· be a champion for our values, vision, EVP and culture.
About you :
You will have an aptitude for detail, an understanding of procedures and a desire to develop your HR knowledge, skills and expertise. This is an important, new position and you will need to have strong focus on excellence, plenty of enthusiasm and a flexible approach. Additionally:
· substantial experience in a HR generalist role, including recruitment
· a relevant HR (or similar) tertiary qualification
· an excellent communicator
· exceptional organisation skills
· a high degree of professionalism and honesty
· a strong practical understanding of NZ employment law and work visas
· the ability to uphold confidentiality and sensitive information, both on and off duty
· self-motivated and results oriented
· you will be resilient, with a strong work ethic and will take pride in the growth and development of our teams.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with those of Robertson Lodges: having a strong work ethic, being a team player, being service oriented, having a can-do attitude and leading by example.
If you pride yourself on being a ‘people person’, have a passion for building relationships and want to take your HR career to the next level, we would love to hear from you.