We are passionate about creating unique and memorable experiences which enhance lives; providing engaging, sincere and a truly personalised service is how we turn moments into memories for our guests here at Matakauri Lodge.
Matakauri Lodge is located seven minutes from Queenstown and spectacularly situated on Lake Wakatipu. Matakauri is a World-Class Luxury Lodge and a member of Relais & Châteaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world.
We are looking for a professional Pastry Chef to join our award winning team.
About the position:
This is a rare opportunity for you to bring your creative skills to an award-winning property in the picturesque Queenstown and work alongside a dedicated team of chefs. Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be responsible for producing high quality, delicious and creative sweets / desserts, breads, pastries, petit fours and ice creams / sorbets.
In addition, this position is responsible for:
· Development & testing of new techniques
· Daily changing dessert menu development
· Daily changing bread and pastry preparation
· Training junior chefs in the kitchen team
· Monitoring the quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
· Use of tools to create beautiful and elaborate dishes
· Baking & decorating speciality cakes as required by our guests
· Ordering supplies within a budget
· Maintaining kitchen equipment
· Maintaining exceptional kitchen hygiene practices
For this role, you will be
- a qualified Pastry Chef; with relevant culinary and hospitality qualifications
- an experienced (minimum 5 years) Pastry Chef with a background in fine dining / luxury properties.
- self-motivated & passionate
- able to work unsupervised
- a team player and leader who is caring, flexible and respectful
- highly creative with a proven track record and recognition for your work
- organised and have good time management skills
- able to adapt to the kitchen’s needs and daily changing menus
- flexible for dietary requirements and speciality items requested by our guests
This full time (45 hours) position is an excellent role for an experienced Pastry Chef who likes to work-day shifts. We offer competitive remuneration, daily travel allowance, delicious staff lunches and access to our Staff Perks Programme with a wide range of discounts and deals with our suppliers and partners.
A valid work visa is required for this position.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and have the skills and experience above, we’d love to hear from you.