Located nearby Napier & Hastings, The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a world class lodge that comprises 26 luxury guest suites, including our beautiful Owner's Cottage, a 6000 acre working farm and the No.17 ranked golf course in the world (#2 in New Zealand).
The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a member of Relais & Châteaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world.
We are looking for a professional and experienced Restaurant Manager to join our award winning team.
What you will do...
Reporting to the Lodge Manager, you will have an effective presence on the floor, ensuring that all restaurant services are seamlessly delivered. This is a key position and the successful candidate will need to have strong focus on excellence, plenty of enthusiasm and a flexible approach. Responsibilities include -
- Day to day management of the Food & Beverage team, including full roster management
- Training and upskilling the team
- Managing the food and beverage P&L
- Buying and ordering wine
- Working closely with the head chef around daily menus
- A passion for service delivery and the Hospitality Industry
- Previous senior level Food and Beverage experience in boutique lodges or 5 star properties, with a minimum of 3 years in a premium quality customer facing environment capacity
- Excellent wine knowledge, particularly of New Zealand wines is essential
- Ability to train and grow a team of mixed skill levels
- Knowledge and experience with Hospitality Management systems
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Exceptional organisational skills (and proven experience managing successful events)
- And a winning personality, with the ability to surprise and delight!
We offer an excellent work environment where promoting a positive work life balance is key to our success. Whether it’s the team covering your shifts when you have a special occasion to attend or 2 days off in a row every week, we pride ourselves in looking after our people.
You must also be flexible and willing to work weekends. We offer competitive wages, relocation assistance, daily travel allowance, delicious staff lunches and access to our Staff Perks Programme with a wide range of discounts and deals with our suppliers and partners. You must have access to your and a valid working visa to apply.
We are passionate about creating unique and memorable experiences which enhance lives; providing engaging, sincere and a truly personalised service is how we turn moments into memories for our guests here at Cape Kidnappers. If you wish to apply for this role and to be instrumental in delivering these memorable experiences, we'd love to hear from you.