The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs is located in the Bay of Islands, at the top of the North Island of New Zealand. Set on 6,000 acres of Pacific coastland, this luxury lodge is one of the most celebrated boutique resort hotels in the world.
Kauri Cliffs is also a member of Relais & Chateaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and gourmet restaurants in the world.
We are looking for a professional and experienced Restaurant Manager to join our award winning team. Reporting to the F&B Manager you will have an effective presence on the floor, ensuring that all restaurant services are seamlessly delivered and to train our team to meet our world-class fine dining standards. This is a key position and the successful candidate will need to have strong focus on excellence, plenty of enthusiasm and a flexible approach. The right applicant must be self motivated, a team player and able to work well in a high pressure environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for service delivery and the Hospitality Industry
- Previous senior level Food and Beverage experience in boutique lodges or 5 star properties
- A working background in Relais and Chateaux properties will be highly regarded
- A minimum of 3 years in a premium quality customer facing environment capacity
- Hospitality specific training
- Excellent wine knowledge
- Ability to train and grow a team of mixed skill levels
- Impeccable personal grooming
- Knowledge and experience with Hospitality Management systems
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Exceptional organisational skills (and proven experience managing successful events)
- Flexibility and maturity in approach - able to work shifts, including weekends
- And a winning personality, with the ability to surprise and delight!
We are passionate about creating unique and memorable experiences which enhance lives; providing engaging, sincere and a truly personalised service is how we turn moments into memories for our guests here at Kauri Cliffs. If you wish to apply for this role and to be instrumental in delivering these memorable experiences, we'd love to hear from you.
You must have a valid NZ Working Visa to apply.