We are passionate about creating unique and memorable experiences which enhance lives; providing engaging, sincere and a truly personalised service is how we turn moments into memories for our guests here at Cape Kidnappers.
Located nearby Napier & Hastings, The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a world class lodge that comprises 26 luxury guest suites, including our beautiful Owner's Cottage, a 6000 acre working farm and the No.17 ranked golf course in the world (#2 in New Zealand). The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a member of Relais & Châteaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world.
What you will do...
We are looking for a professional Sommelier / Restaurant Manager to join our award winning team. Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, you will have an effective presence on the floor, driving our wine experience for the guests with thoughtful pairings and meaningful connections. You will be responsible for managing the cellar along side our dedicated Junior Sommelier and training the team. This is a key position and the successful candidate will need to have strong focus on excellence, plenty of enthusiasm and a flexible approach. Responsibilities include -
- Day to day management of the Food & Beverage team,
- Training and upskilling the team; in both wine and food service
- Buying and ordering wine; maintaining the cellar
- Working closely with the head chef around daily menus and appropriate pairings
- A passion for service delivery and the Hospitality Industry
- Previous senior level Food and Beverage experience in boutique lodges or 5 star properties, with a minimum of 3 years in a premium quality customer facing environment capacity
- Excellent wine knowledge, particularly of New Zealand wines is essential (WSET qualifications at a minimum)
- Ability to train and grow a team of mixed skill levels
- Knowledge and experience with Hospitality Management systems
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Exceptional organisational skills (and proven experience managing successful events)
- And a winning personality, with the ability to surprise and delight!
We offer an excellent work environment where promoting a positive work life balance is key to our success. You must also be flexible and willing to work weekends. We offer competitive wages, relocation assistance, daily travel allowance, delicious staff lunches and access to our Staff Perks Programme with a wide range of discounts and deals with our suppliers and partners.
You must have access to your own reliable transport and a valid working visa to apply.
If you wish to apply for this role and to be instrumental in delivering these memorable experiences, we'd love to hear from you.